Terry and Melissa understand the complications that arise during the representation of an individual facing a loss of freedom, or even their lives, in the criminal justice system.
In addition to representing incapacitated accused, they offer help and assistance to fellow attorneys who share their commitment to mercy and justice in criminal defense.
Please browse through the LenamonOrtiz Digital Library, which contains their copies of their own efforts as well as other documentary resources (case precedent, etc.).
Organizations for Assistance and Support
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- NAMI Child and Adolescent Action Center
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- American Psychiatric Association
- Florida Department of Children and Families
- Florida Department of Mental Health Law and Policy (MHLP)
- Florida Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
- Florida Disability Rights
- Elimination of Barriers Initiative
- Florida Institute for Family Involvement
- Florida Chapter of National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI)
- National Association of Mental Health Planning and Advisory Councils